Limited Warranty for PV Modules
Revision Date 19/05/2017
Goldi Green Technologies Pvt. Ltd. (“Goldi Green”), provides the following Limited Product Warranty and Limited Power Warranty (collectively, the “Limited Warranty”) with respect to its photovoltaic module products (“PV Modules”, or “Modules”), subject to the conditions, exclusions and limitations set forth below.
1. Limited Product Warranty – Repair, Replacement or Refund remedy
Goldi Green warrants to the purchaser (the “Customer”) that the modules shall be free from defects in materials and workmanship that have an effect on module functionality under normal application, installation, use and service conditions during the period of
- 10 years product warranty for modules having power output ≥ 150Wp
- 5 years product warranty for modules having power output < 150Wp
starting from the warranty date (as defined in Section 4). If any module fails to conform to the warranty in this Section 2, Goldi Green will, at its sole discretion, either:
- Refund the current market price of the relevant Product(s) (or its successor product); or
- Repair the defective Product(s) at no charge (subject to the following paragraph); or
- Replace the defective Product(s) or part thereof by a new or remanufactured equivalent at no charge (subject to the following paragraph).
Any deterioration in appearance of the product (including any scratches, stains, mechanical wear, rust, spots and aesthetic defects), or any other changes to the product which occur after delivery to the customer, do not constitute defects under this Limited Warranty. This type of change does not lead to deterioration in the operational capabilities of the module. Claims in the event of glass breakage shall only be enforceable to the extent that there was no external cause for the breakage. (i.e. only breakage caused by the glass itself or the module is covered).
The foregoing remedies shall be Goldi Green’s sole and exclusive obligation, and the customer’s sole and exclusive remedy, for any module’s failure to conform to the Limited Product Warranty in this Section 2, and any repair or replacement shall not extend the warranty period set forth herein. The warranty in this Section 2 does not warrant a specific power output, which shall be exclusively covered in Section 2. of the Limited warranty
2. Limited Power Warranty-25 Years (Applicable for all models)
Goldi Green warrants that for a period of 25 years commencing on the warranty start date, the modules will maintain a performance as set forth below:
Up to 10 years: Min. 90% power output
Up to 25 years: Min. 80% power output
The actual power output of the module shall be determined for verification only under Standard Testing Conditions (STC) of 25 °C, 1.5 AM, 1000 W/m². The actual power output measurement is either carried out by the Goldi Green facility or by a recognized 3rd party testing institute. Testing equipment uncertainty will be applied to all actual power output measurements.
3. Limitation of Liability
The Limited Product and Limited Power Warranties set forth herein shall be the sole and exclusive warranties granted by Goldi Green, available to the Customer or to any third party claiming through or under the Customer for any breach of warranty, expressed or implied. Goldi Green shall have no responsibility or liability whatsoever for damage or injury to persons or property, or for any other loss or injury resulting from any cause whatsoever arising out of or related to the Modules, including without limitation, any defects in the Module, or from usage or installation. Under no circumstances shall Goldi Green be liable for incidental, consequential or special damages, howsoever caused. Loss of usage, any financial loss, loss of production and loss of revenues are specifically and without limitation excluded. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Goldi Green’s aggregate liability, if any, in damages or otherwise, shall not exceed the purchase price paid to Goldi Green by the Customer for the product in the case of a warranty claim.
4. Warranty effective date
The Warranty effective date of this Limited Warranty shall be defined as the sales invoice date.
5. General conditions, Exclusions and Limitations
- In no event shall the warranty period of any implied warranties be beyond the applicable warranty period identified in sections 1 or 2. This warranty gives you specific legal rights as a Customer, and it will not prevent you from having additional rights based on laws which may vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Neither seller of the PV Modules nor any other person is authorized to make any warranties other than those set forth herein, or to extend the warranty periods set forth above, on behalf of Goldi Green.
- The Limited Warranty is offered only to the original Customer and any person to whom the title(s) of the Module(s) was transferred, provided that the PV Modules remain installed at the site where they were originally installed.
- Claims under the Limited Warranty must be filed within the applicable warranty period for the Limited Warranty to be valid. The sales receipt from the first Customer purchase, or other reasonable documentary proof is required in order to establish the Warranty Start Date.
- The Limited Warranty shall not apply to the following scenarios:
- Payment has not been fulfilled without a valid reason according to contract or after communicating before the application of the Limited Warranty services.
- The Module(s) has/have been altered, repaired or modified without the express prior written consent of Goldi Green.
- The Module(s) has/have been relocated at a new site, other than the original installation site.
- Non – adherence to Goldi Green’s installation instructions.
- Misuse, abuse, neglect or accident in storage, transportation, handling, installation, application, use or service.
- Power failure surges, lightning, installation failure, flood, fire, natural disaster, accidental breakage, heavy snow loads, vandalism or other events beyond Goldi Green’s control
- Installations on mobile platforms or in a marine environment, direct contact with corrosive agents or salt water, pest damage or malfunctioning PV system components and other operating conditions, which are not part of the installation parameters.
- The Limited Warranty also does not cover cosmetic blemishes associated with installation process or the normal wear and tear of PV Modules.
- Negligence or wilful misconduct or other improper acts or omissions by the Customer, its subordinates, employees or other third parties.
- Disputes over optical appearance difference of or between individual Module(s) during inspection period.
- The Limited Warranty does not cover PV Module installation and removal of defective PV Modules or re-installation of the repaired, replaced or additional PV Modules, as well as the costs of any of the foregoing; and do not cover any other costs, lost profits or lost revenues associated with the performance or non -performance of defective PV Modules.
- The repair or replacement of the Modules or the supply of additional Modules, does not cause the beginning of new warranty terms, nor shall the original terms of this “Limited Warranty” for PV Modules be extended. Any replaced Modules shall become the property of Goldi Green, made for their disposal. Goldi Green will have the right to deliver another type (different in size, colour, shape and/or power) of Module in case Goldi Green has discontinued producing the replaced Modules at the time of the claim.
6. Force Majeure
Goldi Green will not be responsible or liable in any way for claims made by the Customer or any 3rd party, regarding any non-performance or delay in performance of any terms and conditions of sale, including this “Limited Warranty for PV Modules”, arising due to any acts of God, earthquake and or other natural calamities, war or warlike conditions, riots, strikes, plague or any another epidemics, fire, flood, electrical surges, vandalism, tampering, accidental breakage, module discoloration or any other similar events reasonably beyond the control of Goldi Green. In such cases the warranty will be null and void.
The “Limited Power Warranty for PV Modules” will become null and void if the Module(s) is/are transferred from the original location of installation. All customers, direct and indirect are hereby notified of the same.
The installation and handling of PV Modules requires professional skills and should only be performed by qualified professionals.
After the PV module has reached its end-of-life, customers will hand it over to a nearby e-waste recycling centre for recycling.